Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to the entire appdot.net community – with no exceptions - and is articulated as a set of general principles as well as detailed prescriptions but does not address all possible issues that may arise. It provides general guidelines aimed at maintaining high ethical standards, reputation, and accountability within and beyond the community.
We ask everyone involved in community efforts to take note of — and comply with — the following:
We are committed to ensuring a harassment-free experience for everyone, and any action that goes against that is unacceptable. Violating this policy, whether through comments, etc., will be addressed by us to guarantee that these violations are terminated. We also reserve the right to take legal action, should there be a need for this.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive and harassment-free environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Respecting each other
- Providing and gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Being ethical, honest, and accountable to all
- Following posted rules and guidelines set by administrators and moderators
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination, including but not limited to — and in relation to — gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- Trolling, making insulting or derogatory comments, and making personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ personal information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit written permission from the said individual
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- The use of offensive sexualized language or imagery
Examples of prohibited content include:
- Material that breaches any applicable laws,
- Material that infringes any intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or may give rise to any claim against us, you, or any third party,
- Pornographic or lewd material or links to any such material, and messages or communications that are offensive, abusive, indecent, or obscene, are likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, or anxiety to another internet user, or constitute spam
We ask all users/members to comply with this Code of Conduct and any further requests from the maintainers in case of a violation. Community leaders are responsible for clarifying and upholding our standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Community leaders have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that do not align with this Code of Conduct and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
If you observe and/or feel directly affected by any unacceptable behavior, please report it as soon as possible. For this, you can send a report using the moderation and reporting links in the offending account’s profile. No one will be disadvantaged or prejudiced if they report a suspected breach in good faith. All reports will be acted upon and kept confidential.
We reserve the right to vary, replace or terminate this policy without prior notice.